1.Course Overview/ 2.J-ShIP Model Schedule/ 3.J-ShIP Q and A/ 4.Materials and Information
J-ShIP Q and A
- Q When will the applicants be notified if they are accepted or not?
- Approximately 45-days prior to the program starts.
- Q Is an individual student eligible to apply the program, if his / her university is not Osaka University’s partner institution?
- Yes. What you need to do is to send all the application documents mentioned below by the deadline. Before sending all the necessary documents, please scan all of them and send via email to : shortstay-programs*ciee.osaka-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @) Application documents: *Application form(http://ex.ciee.osaka-u.ac.jp/shortstay-programs/JShIP/) >>Please attach those things: - Your color-photo (Please attach on the first page of the application form) - Motivation statement (Please attach on the last page of the application form) *A certificate of school enrollment *Photocopy of your passport (Please check the expiration date) *Letter of recommendation from an exchange coordinator /international officer / Japanese language teacher *Academic transcripts Mailing Address: Team SteP IC Hall 3F, Center for International Education and Exchange, Osaka University 1-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, JAPAN Email address: shortstay-programs*ciee.osaka-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)
- Q What textbooks will students use during the program?
- They might be change year by year. There is no need for participants to purchase any textbooks before arriving Osaka University. You may either purchase textbooks on the orientation day at OU bookstore (within 5,000JPY) or will be provided on the orientation day by an academic coordinator.
- Q What’s the selection of JASSO scholarship awardees?
- Amongst JASSO scholarship applicants, the university will select the awardees concerning their essays and GPA and so on. After we decide the awardees, we will notify the qualified students individually. We will NOT answer to any individual question from students. Those who have Japanese nationality are not eligible to receive the JASSO scholarship.
- Q Is credit transfer ensured for every participant student? How many credits will participants obtain after the program?
- Concerning credit transfer, participants need to consult with someone who is in charge of this matter at international affairs or the department staff in your home institute before the program begins. After finishing the program successfully, summer and winter J-ShIP participants will earn Osaka University’ 8 / 4 credits.
- Q VISA acquisition
- After you got accepted by the program, participants need to check by themselves if they need to acquire short-term stay VISA. It’s all participants’ responsibility for the procedures to acquire the VISA. Please check the following URL of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for the details: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
- Q What does “Program starting / ending date” exactly mean?
- Program starting / ending dates signify dates of accommodation check in / out, not class starting / ending dates. If a participant can’t arrive on the program starting date, extra support might not be provided.
- Q What expenses are included in the program fee?
- Those expenses stated below are included in the program fee: -Tuition fee at Osaka University -Accommodation (*NO MEALS are included) -Insurance fee ONLY on campus -Library and on campus Wi-Fi -Application and enrollment fee
- Q What kind of certificate will be issued after the program for participant students?
- After the program successfully, participants will receive an official certificate which includes those matters: -Subject title -Number of credits -Grade -Official seal of Osaka University